Saturday, October 4, 2008

I am a sponge

I decided to sit back, relax and take it all in for the last time here in our house.  I was very reflective after I put Chase to bed tonight.  It made me shed a few tears.  This is the first house we ever bought.  We had joys, sorrows, ups and downs here.  We brought home our one and only child here.  This is the only home Chase has ever known.  I know we barely fit in this house anymore but there are so many memories here.  We have had so many accomplishments, passed so many milestones.  If someone would've told me 6 years ago that it would be this hard to leave Indiana and go back to Texas I would have laughed in their face.  We have met so many wonderful people.  Our friends are priceless.  Would you all please move to Dallas with us?  I am so glad to be going back home though.  The same feelings I have about leaving this house are always the same feelings I have when I leave Texas after a visit.  There's just something about home, isn't there?  I am also very glad to get Chase near at least one set of grandparents and my sister's family.  I think they're a little excited, too.  

It was great talking to Wes on the phone today as he drove into Texas.  He said he saw an old beat up pickup truck with a Texas A&M sticker on it and it just felt like home.  That probably sounds weird but I know what he meant.  I really wish I could've made the trip with Wes.  He's always so reflective when he leaves something behind whether it be a place, old car, etc.  I just love that about him.  It makes me think about some things that I wouldn't have remembered otherwise.  

Well, I could go on and on but there are still a few things I need to do.  I'd like to hit the hay early tonight since I'll need to be rested to deal with Chase on the plane!!  I am counting on God to help me out and give me and those around us lots of patience.  He did give Chase, Angie, and I three seats together in the first row behind 1st class today after all!!


No comments: