Well, 4 days since we've been here. I must say, I like it so far. It is so different than Bloomington. There are a LOT of rich people here, or they are at least in debt up to their eyeballs! I feel like I have the dirtiest car in town. I have met some really nice neighbors though. Like I have mentioned before, the neighbor to the left has an 11 month old son, Luke. He's a big boy. Chase is a little taller but he is much bigger. He's so sweet and smiley but he's not shy like my beloved Chase so Chase is a little leery of him yet. He really loves Luke's parents and Luke's toys though. Luke likes our Pudge.
The plane ride down went really great. I know that is God's doing. I prayed about it so much. Chase hardly fussed. He was a little unhappy when I first put him in his seat because he wanted to go wander around the plane. Then a few raisins and he was happy. So, lets see, the raisins and some dried cranberries were his main entertainment. Then he moved on to a water bottle. He spilled quite a bit of water on him with that. Next came the DVD player with some Dora, Blue's Clues, Wonder Pets, and Jack's Big Music Show. He was great until they made us put up the DVD player at the end of the flight in preparation for landing. They should let children use their electronic devices throughout the flight!! He got pretty fussy after that for a little while because he was tired and hungry...and wet. I had never seen such a huge wet diaper. I refused to change it on the plane. If we had gotten up to go to the bathroom he never would've gotten in his seat again. So he just walked bow-legged all the way to the restroom once we were in the airport. That was the first time I can remember that he didn't fuss to have his diaper changed in a public bathroom! His first nap in the new house was rough, he cried quite a bit. The first night he woke up several times crying. I had to get him once, he sounded stuffy though. Since then he has slept well at night but the naps were still a little tough until the one he's taking now. He finally didn't cry when I put him down...Yea! Overall he's doing tremendously well, I think.
Wes gets back tomorrow and our furniture arrives Saturday first thing in the morning. I'll be glad to have that but it'll also mean more work...boo, hiss. Wes is not wanting to come back because the weather in Bloomington is so awesome today. Plus the trees are beginning to turn. I knew I shouldn't have let him go back there!!
Well, that's all I can think of for now. I may not post for a bit unless something fabulous or horrible happens. Thanks for reading.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I like the blog. And your car is not dirty!
Post a Comment