Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I'm back!

Ok, I didn't realize it has been now over a month since I last posted on here.  And I left things so dreadful.  Yes, after a couple of days I was all better.  I have been doing really good in fact.  I am really enjoying it here now.  No, I have no friends to replace all of my lovely ones that I left behind in Bloomington, but I do have a really great neighbor that helps to keep me from being lonely.  We still haven't made it to church.  I haven't wanted to go by myself with Chase because I figure he won't make it the whole service without needing me and why go if no one will be able to enjoy the sermon?  I'm sure it would still be good for him to get the exposure but, you know...  Lets see, then Wes was finally home and we wanted to get stuff done, then I was sick and then my mom came this weekend so...hopefully next weekend.  Anyway, I have been trying to keep up with the sermons at Sherwood over the podcast thing and that has been really good.  We went furniture shopping this weekend.  We now have a dining room and need a table for it.  I have never been a china cabinet kind of gal but the one with the table we liked was really nice so I got one.  I have no China to put in it but I'm sure I can fill it with something!  

I had a great time with my mom this weekend.  It was good to see her after a year and a half and the first time since she was diagnosed with cancer.  She talks a lot about dying and how it has changed her perspective on everything.  It's sad and good at the same time.  I'm glad she's accepted the fact that she could die soon (I'm not having quite the easy time with that) but there are things she doesn't want to buy, for example, because she says she won't be around to use it.  So, I don't know what to say when she says stuff like that.  I'm glad she got to spend time with Chase.  He liked her but you know him, he wasn't overly excited to be too close.  

Anyway, I have to go get the boy, he decided he didn't want to nap after all.  Hope to write more soon, or at least sooner than this!

No comments: